Friday, April 25, 2008

Got steaks?

Last night we're suppose to have steaks at home, but Jack didn't seem to trust my steaking cooking ability. So we decided to eat out... at some Taiwanese style steak place! I have to say that it's not bad. Haven't had steaks like that for the longest time. I saw them in the night markets earlier this year when I was at Taiwan, but wasn't really all that interested in eating steaks in Taiwan... I was more into genuine Taiwanese foods..., but anyway, I have to say the steaks weren't bad at all. I missed eating steaks like that! ;)

Anyway, today's reading was more of Abraham. I always thought he's not a very brave man because he's always afraid of people killing him over his beautiful wife! But then again, today, he'd gladly risk his life to go rescuse his nephew in captivity. He really didn't have to do that. They went on their seperate ways because he and Lot just couldn't live together peacefully anymore. Abe even went out of his way to let Lot choose where to go first... and then he'll go the opposite way. So I think for most folks today, when we split up..., we split up. Good luck with you! Bye! But Abraham is different. The split was for their own good..., and his heart is still with his nephew. Lot chosed a place that seemed better. If Abraham chose the opposite direction, then Abe went to a place that seemed worse. Will we choose like Abe? Only a true man of faith can do that. It doesn't matter what it looks like or what the situation might be, as long as God is with us, there's nothing to be afraid of... there's not going to be a problem. I can't have children? Hey, no problem! If God told me that I will conceive, then I believe! Hmm..., can we really do that?

Of course we're all human, including Abraham. Surely he can feel depressed or afraid at times..., that's why God had to comfort him to tell him to not be afraid..., but can we all trust in God as Abraham trusted in God? That kind of faith is what can get us out of our troubles. Without faith in God, by not following God, we'd for sure just die in that valley of death...

Jack is a man of little faith, this is why he couldn't get that big juicy ribeye steak... and had to settle for some cheap NY/Taiwanese steak! :p

No comments: