Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Taking initiative...

Last night I was watching a TV show wife recorded earlier... it talked about whether if a degree from a famous university can really help or not... anyway, one thing I got out of it was that there's a quality that employers really want, which I kinda lack, is someone who's motivated and takes initiatives.

I think I have been lucky... or God has been pretty good to me... that I do have a pretty good job. However, for sure I can do better. Not to be coveteous or anything..., but if I were to compare myself with my good friend Tigran, I really don't think he's that much smarter than me... nor am I lazier than him... ;) However, the main difference between us probably would be our personalities. His personality for sure can convey the sense of motivated... taking initiatives..., where as my personality tend to convey the opposite. This is probably why he's now making more than twice as much as me!!!!

Will I ever change? I want to... I try to..., but often times, I just couldn't. Just as in the recording studio... I wanted to... and I tried to sing better..., but again and again I screw up! Why? I don't know. I guess I'm just not perfect yet... The important thing is that we ought to keep the faith... and keep at it. If I know I'm wrong at something, it doesn't matter how many times I try to make it right, it is more important that we don't settle down with being wrong.

May God have mercy and help me continue on... so that I can be holy just as my Father in heaven is holy! :)

In today's reading, I just found out how annoying and weird are the descendants of Cain! Lamech was probably the first dude to take 2 wives. He also has the nerve to tell his family that he has killed a man for wounding him... and if Cain is avenged 7 times, he himself would be 77 times. Anyway, I hope he killed in act of self defense..., cause if he murdered somebody as Cain did... and expect to get away with it just like Cain did..., that's just annoying. Plus, at least God promised Cain such protection... this guy is just saying it himself..., but then again, why is it recorded in the bible? Wonder what is the point... Perhaps this is a guy who takes 'initiatives'? ;)

Also, it's also very confusing that there was also an Enoch in Cain's family..., just as there's also a Lamech, in Seth's family. Guess it's just the case of common first names...

Anyway, may God help me understand these early chapters better...

(Gen 4-6)

No comments: