Monday, April 21, 2008

A 'New' Day!!!

Yeah! I'm wearing a new shirt, new pair of jeans, new shoes... I probably need to new pair of glasses soon... I'm also starting a new reading plan... this will be the 2nd time I'm reading the whole bible within a year... hopefully I will pay more attention to detail this time and catch anything I might have missed before...

Anyway, the weekend was kinda fun... first time in my life I'm actually recording in a studio! ;) I sang for nearly 6 hours straight, I was pretty impressed with the endurance of my vocal chord..., but as to the sound we recorded... I told wife that I'm only 65% satisfied... 70% being acceptible...

Given the fact that the song is just technically difficult..., the fact that I didn't practice enough, the fact that it was my first time..., I suppose 65% is okay..., after all, I did give my 100% effort. I know where I need to improve more..., but I'm just not sure if I can do any better at the time... My God given talent help me reached that 65%..., if I practiced more... if I gain some more experience, if I had a simpler song, perhaps I can do better? ;) Anyway, I enjoyed the experience. I told wife that God has also used this experience to teach her how to love better too! Yeah, wife needed a LOT of patience and kindness in order to finish recording me! ;) She's going to tune me up today..., hopefully that'll go well. If so, then perhaps Jacob can work some of his magic? fingers crossed. ;)

Last Sunday, Pastor Jim also talked about 'worship'. He didn't really say anything that we didn't know already..., but the act of worship isn't really about what we know anyway. What are we "doing" that's causing us to decrease... and God to increase? Whether during good times or bad, are we focusing on ourselves or on God?

Often we just don't realize that only when He increases, we increase too! When we focus on Him, He'll focus on us too!!!

Today's scripture reading, it is clear that God wants to bless us. Gen 1:28 talked about how God blessed A&E and wanted them to be fruitful and multiply... both spiritually and physically. That was God's very first commandment! Of course when the serpent tricked Eve to focus on herself... and to increase in her own way without God..., that's when she ran into troubles...

Oh, show us how to do it Your way, Lord God! Indeed we want to increase in numbers physically, financially, but we also want to increase spiritually as well! But of course before we can increase, we also need to learn to decrease ourselves first. Help us to learn to just depend and trust in You Lord God!

(Gen 1-3)

No comments: