Thursday, April 3, 2008

Jars of clay...

Last night, wife and I talked a lot during the wee hours of the night again. Yes, it's tiring, my body wants to sleep, but of course it was well worth every moment of it. Surprisingly, I'm not as sleepy as I thought I would while at work! ;)

Perhaps this is what Paul was talking about... the 'treasure' in the jars of clay. Treasure meaning His Spirit... this all-surpassing power from God... and jars of clay being us. It is because of that that our little jar of clay can be pressed but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; perssecuted, but not abandoned; strucked down, but not destroyed!!! I know that this jar of clay is weak, but the treasure that is in me is STRONG!!! :) Wife has often accuse me of be lacking confidence at times, but seriously, I have very little confidence in my little jar... I can only find confidence in God. Prior to my conversion, yeah, for sure I'm not a man who's super confident about myself... and I'm not that confident at faking confidence either! ;)

Just as I was typing this, a gal from Bible League called me up... asking me how I'm doing... can she pray for me... she didn't ask for money actually. Pretty cool. I promised them money earlier, but still haven't send it in... Money's real tight lately. Not a very good steward of money I guess..., if I can't be trusted with little, how can God trust me with a LOT?

Sometimes, this jar of clay screws up..., then what?

Repent and try again and do better next time!

Paul also talked about being a generous giver, we ought to sow generously and cheerfully.

Lord, you know I'm capable of giving generously and cheerfully, but certainly not at the expense of my own wife's happiness!!! Help me do better at loving my wife and loving my neighbors Lord! Help me become a better husband... and help us become generous and cheerful sowers of Your kingdom! I pray in Christ's name!

No comments: