Thursday, April 24, 2008

As a branch...

Last night's prayer meeting, Brother GD talked about how to stay connected to the true vine! I have to admit that I don't completely agree with Brother GD's insight on things..., but of course I'm not saying he's wrong either..., just that I don't completely agree. Anyway, to me, a sign for being connected to the true vine is of course bearing spiritual fruits. A more practical way is to simply remain in Christ's love... to love each other... to obey his commands! Of course I don't believe I'm that perfect yet, I do wish that I can glorify God more with my life... this is why some more 'pruning' is still necessary. Nobody likes being 'pruned'... cause it hurts.

I was jokingly using marriage as example of God's pruning process during the meeting..., and it is actually true. ;) Wife and I even "pruned" each other again last night so that we can learn to love each other more later on. What is not good for us, should be pruned away... so that we can bear more fruits. May God continue to be with us and help us!

Today's reading was about Noah's descendants and then the beginning of Abram... Abram is a man with faults..., but at least he's super obedient to God. He remained in God and God remained in him... and blessed him from the very beginning. I hope God can bless me and bless other people thru me too... God knows I'm also a man with many faults, but may I be obedient to God as Abram was... may I never be too pround of myself as those who were trying to build that tower of Babel...

(Gen 10-12)

No comments: