Monday, June 11, 2007

Our first meals at home!!!


Yeah, over the weekend, we cooked for ourselves for the first time! We had two meals too! We had salad, pasta, and steak for dinner on Saturday... and we had soup and sandwiches for lunch after church! American meals are just oh so much simpler to prepare than chinese meals! Anyway, nothing we made tasted nasty, so I'd consider our cooking attempts as a huge success!!! :)

Besides having good food and good wine at home, my TV stand is also ready to be assembled together..., I've painted all the pieces... I just hope everything will work out according to plan during final assembly! ;)

And this week's sermon, Pastor Jim talked about how our Lord Jesus 'grew'...

Luke 2
52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
52 耶 穌 的 智 慧 和 身 量 ,並 神 和 人 喜 愛 他 的 心 , 都 一 齊 增 長 。

My body certainly ain't going to grow much anymore..., except a few pounds here and there... ;) I'd certainly like to grow wiser... and be more in favor with God and men! I just don't think I'm very wise nor do I have very good social skills... So help me grow... and become more like You, my Lord!!!

Psalm 42
1 神 啊 , 我 的 心 切 慕 你 , 如 鹿 切 慕 溪 水 。
Psalm 91
2 我 要 論 到 耶 和 華 說 : 他 是 我 的 避 難 所 , 是 我 的 山 寨 , 是 我 的   神 , 是 我 所 倚 靠 的 。
Psalm 92
12 義 人 要 發 旺 如 棕 樹 , 生 長 如 利 巴 嫩 的 香 柏 樹 。
13 他 們 栽 於 耶 和 華 的 殿 中 , 發 旺 在 我 們   神 的 院 裡 。
14 他 們 年 老 的 時 候 仍 要 結 果 子 , 要 滿 了 汁 漿 而 常 發 青 ,
15 好 顯 明 耶 和 華 是 正 直 的 。 他 是 我 的 磐 石 , 在 他 毫 無 不 義 。

Oh, and the love of my life is probably currently undergoing a root canal..., so Lord God, please be with her and watch over her so that everything will be alright! Thanks!
Psalm 142
1 我 發 聲 哀 告 耶 和 華 , 發 聲 懇 求 耶 和 華 。
2 我 在 他 面 前 吐 露 我 的 苦 情 , 陳 說 我 的 患 難 。
3 我 的 靈 在 我 裡 面 發 昏 的 時 候 , 你 知 道 我 的 道 路 。 在 我 行 的 路 上 , 敵 人 為 我 暗 設 網 羅 。
4 求 你 向 我 右 邊 觀 看 , 因 為 沒 有 人 認 識 我 ; 我 無 處 避 難 , 也 沒 有 人 眷 顧 我 。
5 耶 和 華 啊 , 我 曾 向 你 哀 求 。 我 說 : 你 是 我 的 避 難 所 ; 在 活 人 之 地 , 你 是 我 的 福 分 。
6 求 你 側 耳 聽 我 的 呼 求 , 因 我 落 到 極 卑 之 地 ; 求 你 救 我 脫 離 逼 迫 我 的 人 , 因 為 他 們 比 我 強 盛 。
7 求 你 領 我 出 離 被 囚 之 地 , 我 好 稱 讚 你 的 名 。 義 人 必 環 繞 我 , 因 為 你 是 用 厚 恩 待 我 。

Oh, and a special prayer for Paris Hilton... hopefully she's truly transformed due to her jail time... and I pray that she may someday be a very useful instrument for God!!! :)

We need that baptism of the Holy Spirit Lord God, we need to be empowered by Your power as you did in the book of Acts! Protect us from harm and empower us to grow to be more like You Lord Jesus! Thanks!!!!!!

And lastly, the incredible rookie Lewis Hamilton won his first race in Formula 1. He's for sure going to be the Tiger Wood of the racing world. It's indeed incredible to be able to witness the making of a brand new legend. My other favorite driver is Takuma Sato... he's the only asian in the field and has the same birthday as me and the love of my life! Though he probably won't ever win the championship, but I'm always rooting for him as a personal favorite. My previous old favorite was Senna... and he died after a crash... Lord, if You're willing, please don't let any of them die prematurely anymore, okay? Help us design safer cars and safer tracks... Thanks!
(Acts 8-10,12-15; Psalm 42,91,92,142)

No comments: