Friday, January 23, 2009

Self reflecting...

Couldn't finish writing the blog yesterday... so here I go again today! ;)

Anyway, besides driving the Porsche, Tigran also 'bragged' about making it I guess... Yeah, after all, he has now become a partner in his firm, the only way left to go now is down! ;) But amazingly he said he's not worried. He said it doesn't matter if he lose his job... or car... or house... or even wife!!! Well, Gregory would be the only exception... he said even if he were to lose them all, it'd be okay for him... I guess that's the prize you win for making it... it builds your confidence! Of course he does admit that he's still not 'happy'... in a way we'll never really be truly happy! Being a partner also has it own kind of pressures too!

It's just that in his firm, there are mostly Harvard grads with top grades..., here comes a Loyola grad with so so grades, doing just fine in the firm! I still remember Tigran was all scared and thinking that he wouldn't be able to find a job and this firm is not going to hire him..., I encouraged him at the time. I even made a bet with him on his birthday that, hey, I'll rent the S2000 as his birthday gift and if he's hired, then he'll rent me a Ferrari on my birthday! Of course he has been slow at delivering his promise..., but I can understand I suppose, after all, S2000 costs only $200/day, but Ferrari would cost about a thousand more! Anyway, I guess I still got to drive a pretty awesome car after all. Porsche is not a Ferrari, but it's still pretty good! ;)

During lunch, we were also joking that Harvard grads really should be presidents or supreme court justices... those Harvard grads in his firm are actually kinda like 'losers' compare to Obama! ;) Anyway, just as long as Tigran doesn't become too 'cocky', I suppose confidence is always a good thing to have.

I, on the other hand, still don't think I've really made anything yet. The other day, on the "Mr Kang and Ms Xi show" also show a bunch of 40 somethings to interview how they've made it and now going down hill... in a way it's kinda scary because I'm nearing 40 and although I'm not doing too bad, but what exactly have I accomplished?

I've always been kinda slow while growing up I think. Whether on an acadamic level... or in terms or emotional maturity or socially...(I think driving would be the only exception... where I'd end up usually going too fast!) Anyway, at least there has been a steady progress along the way in those other areas of my life. I can only hope that God will continue to help my steady progress even while pass the supposedly prime of my life! Lots of bible characters got better and better as they ages, surely I can too! ;)

Wife sometimes would comment that I live in my own little world... well, I hope that world is aligned with God's world! Yes God, help me dream more dreams and see more visions as you did with Joseph... and also grant me to wisdom and courage to be able to realize those dreams too! Thank you! :)

(Psalm 126-140, 174.8 lbs, $2.279)

No comments: