Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rebound!

Yesterday during lunch, I thought I'd go get a haircut... yeah, I think I look better with short hair than long... :)

Today I thought I'd skip lunch because I felt kinda full in the morning... usually that's an indication that I'm gaining weight! ;) Anyway, yet, at lunch time, I decided that I'm hungry again... so I thought I make good on the Carl's Jr. coupon before it expires... ;) The new steak sandwich is not bad, but I'm not sure I'll pay full price for it though. It's also interesting that almost every customer in there has a 'coupon'. Sign of the times I suppose.

Another interesting note is that I encountered a guy who wanted to wash my windshields at the parking lot. Of course he wanted money... for God knows what. So I told him no money, but I offered to buy him food if he wants. Most of the time those people just want money, but this one said, 'sure, I'll have one of them burgers!' The guy asked again if I want my windows washed? With my dirty old Civic... what's the point. So I told him it's okay...

So true to my word, I got out with a Famous Star with cheese for him. There was another older lady just coming in... and the guy also asked her if he can wash her windshields. She pretty meanly said, 'NO! And DON'T touch the car!'

Gee, does she have to be that mean?

Anyway, so I gave him the burger... he appeared thankful... and once again asked me if I want to have my windshields cleaned? Saying that it'll only take a minute!

So I said, 'well, if you really want to...'

And the guys said, yeah, I do... I just want to be useful...

The guy actually has a pretty good manners. Unlike most homeless dudes. I don't think he's crazy too... and he'll always say 'have a blessed day' whether people give him money or not. I sorta helped him out with food today, but I wish I can help people like that to really be more productive.

Quite often lately, I've been asking wife what she'll do if she wins the Lotto? I do that to help her exercise her imagination... and to dream dreams... I think she lacks this day dreaming ability... (I think she avoids doing it because she just doesn't like to be disappointed too much) of course I on the other hand may be too day dreamy! If my dream doesn't come true, so what? New opportunity to dream new dreams! ;)

Anyway, if I won the Lotto, I think I'd like to start a church filled with people like these. People that the society rejects... and hopefully able to rehabilitate them back to becoming really productive once again. Of course not all homeless people are healthy... surely some will be sick... so maybe also another hospital to go along with it... and maybe other businesses as well! Maybe my Lotto winnings won't even cover all of those costs!!!!

Sigh..., may God help all of us able to rebound out of the troubles we're in. I know I am pretty blessed already... yes, sometimes I don't get what I want... yeah, I couldn't find a good home to buy... couldn't adopt the cat that I want... and just recently found out that we couldn't go on the tour to Hokaido that we want..., but I'm assuming these things happened for a good reason.

The not house buying thing of course we now know was a good thing! We were glad it didn't go thru at the time now... because it's now helluva lot cheaper! Hindsight is always clearer... and since we humans have no real clear foresight, what can we do to rebound ourselves?

1) keep the faith in God...
2) positioning ourselves at the right place... keep on doing good without feeling discouraged...
3) be receptive, able to surrender our own preconceived ideas...(hand raising...)
4) block bad things(thoughts) out! (Use the armor of God)

Pastor Jim actually used basketball playing to explain this rebound process... that was pretty cool. He was saying the weirdo Dennis Rodman used to be a great rebounder for the Chicago Bulls. May we all able to become a great rebounder for God! :)

(Psalm 141-150, 174.6 lbs, $2.279)

No comments: