Friday, January 9, 2009

35 mpg!

Back to driving my 18 year old Civic this week! Got a new catalytic converter for passing smog, new muffler and new tires... it's still not perfect yet, but at least it's now safe and doesn't pollute anymore. Plus, I can't believe it can still do 35mpg! Best S2000 can do is 26mpg..., plus it takes premium gas. Gas prices have risen dramatically once again lately, hopefully won't be as high as the $4/gallon price soon..., but anyway, my good old Civic for sure can save me more gas money down the road!

Today's gas price at Huntington Beach is $1.899 for regular and $2.099 for premium.

Civic: $1.899*8.5 gallons = $16.14
S2000: $2.099*10 gallons = $20.99

So basically I saved about $4 on gas this week for switching to Civic! :)

Anyway, I can't believe I can still drive this 18 year old car... a car I got during High School!!! Only in California I suppose, plus, one has to handed to Honda for building such reliable cars!
Of course I also have to be credited for being a good caretaker of my beloved car too! ;)

It's kinda funny that my life really has much less worries compared to lots of other folks around the world. I still have a job. We also have smaller earthquakes compared to Costa Rica. Less violent deaths than Juarez or Gaza... We almost planned to trip to Egypt and Israel, but luckily it didn't work out I suppose. Not a good time to travel around those areas at the moment...

Thank God for His favors and blessings I suppose...

Psalm 90
12 求 你 指 教 我 們 怎 樣 數 算 自 己 的 日 子 , 好 叫 我 們 得 著 智 慧 的 心 。

13 耶 和 華 啊 , 我 們 要 等 到 幾 時 呢 ? 求 你 轉 回 , 為 你 的 僕 人 後 悔 。

14 求 你 使 我 們 早 早 飽 得 你 的 慈 愛 , 好 叫 我 們 一 生 一 世 歡 呼 喜 樂 。

15 求 你 照 著 你 使 我 們 受 苦 的 日 子 , 和 我 們 遭 難 的 年 歲 , 叫 我 們 喜 樂 。

16 願 你 的 作 為 向 你 僕 人 顯 現 ; 願 你 的 榮 耀 向 他 們 子 孫 顯 明 。

17 願 主 ─ 我 們 神 的 榮 美 歸 於 我 們 身 上 。 願 你 堅 立 我 們 手 所 做 的 工 ; 我 們 手 所 做 的 工 , 願 你 堅 立 。

(Psalm 86-90, 175.2 lbs, $2.099)

No comments: