Friday, January 16, 2009

For love...

Yeah, I've officially become a seamster, or tailor! Yes, I've successfully altered an $8 dress wife got on sale from Ross. It was a little too big, but wife likes it... so it became my first experiment! I can't believe I'm so good... so now it fits her pretty well! Awesome! :) My very first attempt at this was on my jeans... trying to shorten them. Guess jeans are designed for long-legged folks I guess... my legs aren't short, but their jeans are still too long. So my very first attempt actually ended up with one leg longer than the other, but I was able to fix it luckily... Anyway, so with my dress and jeans altering works that I've done... I think the $75 sewing machine has been a good investment.

Now, I just can't wait for my robot parts to arrive so that I can start messing with that! Another cool accomplishment from last nite was that I was able to shave 2 seconds off of my time driving the Ferrari F-1 car at Suzuka! It's my personal best, but according to some youtube videos, I'm still well off the pace(by 10s or so....) My best is at 1:35 flat, but there are folks going at 1:25 per lap!!! They must be driving using stickier tires or something... anyway, something to shoot for later on! ;)

Last night wife and I also talked a bit of theology actually... regarding why God has to 'choose' certain folks. Why wasn't there a chinese version of the Abraham? Why must it be thru the Jews? Of course I don't really know the answer, we can only guess why God did what He did. But it is pretty clear that the Chinese were not entirely clueless... our emperors had always been called the 'son of God' and chinese emperors regularly sacrifice offerings on idol-less altars to the heaven! This 'tradition' must've came from somewhere, right? Of course eventhough God didn't choose the Chinese, it doesn't mean China had been totally Godless. Just because God didn't choose us to do certain things, it doesn't mean God must not be with us. Of course the reverse might be true too. Eventhough God has chosen the Jews to be His people, it doesn't mean God will always be with the Jews no matter what. Besides election, we must also respond in faith as well. This is where Abraham did so wonderfully.

Also, I can understand why God chose to have a single point entry into the world. Only thru this method can ensure the entire world end up reading the same Bible. If Christ had to be born and killed in every single nation over and over again, not only would it be painful for Christ, but it'll for sure cause MORE religious wars. As it is, Jews, Christians and Muslims, all believe in God of Abraham, can hate each other to the point of wanting to kill one another. Imagine if those 3 religions actually have different roots, wouldn't things be even worse?

Anyway, debating theology is pointless I think. Of course it can be fun and eductional sometimes, but if it'd cause people to stop loving one another, then for sure the point is lost. Without love, what's the point? Even sewing is boring. Building robots can be boring. Driving a fake F-1 car around a track over and over again is boring as well. Marrying another person for a whole lifetime can also be super boring. As Solomon said, everything in this world is boring and pointless... without God... or without love.

More love please! For You and for those around us! Thanks! :)

(Psalm 111-115, 174.6 lb, $2.199)

No comments: