Monday, January 12, 2009

Johny B Goode, Barnabas B flat!

Jay is soon to be shipped off to China! We had dinner last nite to send him off. He talked about how even Motorola are having financial difficulties. Hopefully they won't go under and ruin his contract! ;) I was telling him that even in the aerospace industry, nothing's for sure either. Luckily for Chin, people still need to go to hospitals! So she and Didi should be pretty safe no matter what! :)

Anyway, today's reading of psalms was encouraging especially during such harsh economic times!

Psalm 91
14
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Pastor Jim also encouraged us to become more like Barnabas(meaning son of encouragement)! Though Barnabas wasn't really an integral main character in the bible, but pastor Jim claimed that if it weren't for him, there probably wouldn't be Paul and much of the new testament wouldn't be written! So we ought live life not concentrate too much what it means to self, but what it means to others! Or perhaps sometimes things might even seem meaningless to self at the moment, but who knows what'll happen later on?

It's interesting that we also saw a movie called 'Ghost Town', delivering pretty much the same message! ;) It's a fun little movie, way better than some of the blockbusters I think. Anyway, so for sure I think God is trying to get this message across our minds lately...

Also, besides Barnabas, I've discovered something interesting with wife last nite..., that is apparently, our ringing in the ears are ringing at B flat. Not sure how many octaves above the regular B flat, but for whatever reasons, we can both hear it. And apparently B flat is kinda special... according to NPR, alligators are pretty sensitive to B flat(1 octave below middle C). Upon hearing it, they'll start to get excited and bellow! And scientists even figure out that black holes are humming at B flat also(57 octaves below middle C, so we won't really hear it!)

So there just might be something about B flat... 466.164 Hz

(Psalm 91-95, 175.2 lbs, $2.139)

No comments: