Monday, January 19, 2009

O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?

We saw Romeo the cat a while back in the Petsmart adoption center. At least based on our first look at him, wife was able to deduce that he's a pretty smart kitty... at least smarter than the rest! Anyway, over time as we go shop for cat food, we continue to see Romeo there... just sleeping in his cage... noone seems to want to adopt him for whatever reasons. So on Saturday, we kinda want to talk to the lady in Charge the next day regarding adopting Romeo. We actually prayed about it... hoping that it's a good idea... and if not, then may God stop us! And to make long short, when we went back to petsmart on Sunday, the whole freaking adoption center's empty!!!

Supposedly the lady just quit earlier that day and took all her cats home. Romeo has been there probably for months... and then all of a sudden, they're all gone without a trace!

I guess it just wan't meant to be.

Anyway, at least the other highlight of the weekend was that i was able to find a pair of Levi's jean for only $6!!! ;) MSRP was $56... marked down to $10 and I was able to get additional 40% off! Amazingly every retailer on 3rd St at Santa Monica is having a 75% sale. Economy is really pretty bad I guess! But I suppose I tried my best trying to pump $6 into the sagging economy! ;)

Wife probably had a super disappointing weekend. She didn't find anything she wants while shopping... and she really had her hopes up for getting Romeo, but what a surprising let down. Oh well, at least she still has God... and me... and Hades! ;) Yeah, Pastor Jim preached about how we ought to be content whatever the circumstances! It's the 2nd and last series on Barnabas. Bible taught that the dude is not only filled with the Spirit, but also full of faith and wisdom. It's not just about speaking in tongues and be crazy and have the heart for God, but we also have to use our brain and be sensible sometimes! Very much like Christ, who's full of grace and full of truth! We gotta be balanced! Barnabas is also not very keen on seeking personal glory and had not problem sticking his neck out for whoever he think is right for the job! Whether it's Saul or Mark... When the church at the time didn't want to believe Saul/Paul, Barnabas believed in him and stood by him. When Paul didn't believe in Mark, Barnabas believed in him and stood by him. Barnabas really got very little credit or fame over the years, but fact of the matter is that Christianity owes much to him... without him, Gospel of Mark probably wouldn't be around... nor would any of Paul's letters... which is a significant chunck of the New Testament Bible!!!

How can I be more like Barnabas and advance Your kingdom somehow?

Psalm 119
33 Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees;
then I will keep them to the end.

34 Give me understanding, and I will keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.

35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.

36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.

37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word. [i]

38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
so that you may be feared.

39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
for your laws are good.

40 How I long for your precepts!
Preserve my life in your righteousness.

BTW, I wonder how's Dr. King doing up there. After being 'taken up' 40 years ago, his dream is now being realized in America! :)

(Psalm 116-120, 174.6 lbs, $2.239)

No comments: