Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A decision to love...

During one of the restless nights over the weekend, wife and I talked about love once again...

What is love? What do you love about your dad? Do you even love me?

One thing the wife loves about her father is that he's full of cool and unusual info..., she finds men who are well read very attractive. Yes, I do have some of the qualities of my father-in-law, but this is one area where we're polar opposites.

I don't like to read. I'm not a person who'd pick up one book after another... I only read when I have to or when I find something interesting! Most of the time, I probably contracted the Solomon syndrome... where I seldom find anything interesting anyway. But I suspect that the key culprit is probably that I'm just lazy? ;)

Just like the song lyrics I wrote, the more that I know about this universe, the more I realize I don't know much of anything! And the more I know about myself, I also found that I'm increasingly unsure about myself too!

This is another area wife would complain about. Just as the scripture says, let my yes be yes and no be no. Be straight forward about my responses instead of like the Taiwan's president-elect Ma! But of course I want my yes be yes and my no be no, but the more I know about myself and other stuffs, the more I realize the difficulties of my "yes"!

After we said 'yes' to believe in Jesus or 'yes' to our spouses during wedding day, inevitably things will happen which will cause us to act like we don't mean what we said... or it might even cause us to want to change our minds!!! So does that mean we've stopped loving Jesus or our spouses? I don't know. But I do know once we made up our mind to quite following Jesus or made up our mind to file for a divorce, then we can be pretty sure that we've stopped loving.

In this sinful fallen world, I suppose it's only natural that we feel that way at times. But whenever we feel that way, we've got to also re-examine the decisions we've made originally. Are they the right decisions? If yes, then we need to repent of that and commite and re-commite to our "idealized" good decisions day by day. This is love and for sure it ain't easy loving folks in the real world. If it's suppose to be so easy, Jesus wouldn't bother praying to the Father to please pass the cup! Today's scripture reading of death and resurrection of Jesus says all about how tough it is to love... only satan would try to convince folksing that loving should be easy and makes you feel good all the time..., but we ought to know who's the liar here.

God never promised us problem-free living, but He did promise us that He'll always be with us no matter what.

Mat 28:18-

天 上 地 下 所 有 的 權 柄 都 賜 給 我 了 。 所 以 , 你 們 要 去 , 使 萬 民 作 我 的 門 徒 , 給 他 們 施 洗 , 歸 於 父 、 子 、 聖 靈 的 名 。 凡 我 所 吩 咐 你 們 的 , 都 教 訓 他 們 遵 守 , 我 就 常 與 你 們 同 在 , 直 到 世 界 的 末 了 。

Perhaps things will get easier when we are living in the new heaven and new earth. Fingers crossed. ;)

No comments: