Thursday, January 31, 2008

What is #1 in my heart?

Last nite, I cooked my very first dinner! (Well, I cooked before, just usually not during week days cause I'm home pretty late) Anyway, my hamburger with everything in it was pretty good I guess, wife finished it all... well, maybe she was just too hungry... ;) My french fry was so so... it's edible, but I wouldn't say it's delicious.... ;) Wonder how can we make fries at home without using a huge pot of oil... Nevertheless, my cooking is always pretty greesy!!! So it's good that I'm not the one cooking all the time... otherwise we'd both be fat!!!

Work is still very busy, the cool thing about big companies is that you can still drop everything to go on vacations! ;) Today, I was reading about David. This dude became king when he was 30!!! How cool is that? I'm already way pass 30. I'm still far from being a king..., but at least I've managed to join in on this royal priesthood! ;)

Sure, we all would like to have David's good life, the riches, fame, women(or men depend on your gender), but how many of us really want David's sucky part of life? Would we want to spend most of our childhood alone... tending stupid sheeps? Fighting lions and bears to protect those stupid sheeps? Further, how would we like to be pursue by a king who wants you dead all the time? My biggest problem probably would be killing people.

The only thing I think I will for sure hesitate to obey God in is probably killing... for sure I won't have Abraham's faith to kill my own son... nor will I willingly kill all those who God instructs me to kill... Anyway, I'm just glad that I wasn't living back then as a Jew! And this is probably why I'm 36 and God hasn't installed me as a king yet! ;)

Is God really #1 in my heart? Well, surely David didn't have God as the #1 in his heart all the time too... for otherwise he wouldn't have sex with Bethsheba! Human heart is just too messed up sometimes.

Anyway, God, please guard my heart and my wife's heart too. Guard them against all evil, pride, or whatever that may end up corrupting us... so that we may fully enjoy the blessings from you without having to worry about them over inflating our egos... Anyway, just help us become more like You in every possible way... and may You also use us to help others to change to become better... to be able to love You and each other more. Thank You for Your love which endures forever and ever!

No comments: