Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy birthday to me!!! ;)

Just found out Lego is 50 yrs old. I'm 36 years old. Wow, I'm so young! 36 years into this life eternal, man, I have so many more years to go! ;)

This weekend was also my 'legal marriage' anniversary. We signed on the dotted line in January and had our wedding in July... so anyway, it's been a year already! Wow! Such a long time!!!

Marriage isn't going to be for all eternity, so every year counts!!! ;) This first year has been difficult, but thanks be to our God, we've gotten thru it safe and sound! :) Surely we look forward to many more years to come! Right, dear? ;)

We didn't do much over the weekend except to just spend it with each other and with friends... and we ate very well the whole weekend... ;)

Pastor Jim gave an another good sermon on Sunday. Almost felt like God giving us tips on how to continue to build on our marriage. Pastor Jim focused on Nehemiah 4... and he explained how a pessimist would focus on the difficulties of an opportunity, but an optimist would focus on the opportunities of difficulties! He urged us to:

1) focus on solutions(instead of problems)! The Jews faced a lot of difficulties, but Nehemiah focused in on how to overcome those difficulties!

2) face problem with faith! We dont' have to pretend to not have problems. Being a Christian on earth isn't about pretending to live like we're in heaven... we're NOT in heaven yet! And whenever we are frustrated, instead of taking it out on others, we can take it to God(v.4~5)! Further, besides just praying, we also have to DO our part! (v.9) If there's nothing we can do, that's one thing, but as long as God gave us the resources to do something, then do it! We ought to combine prayer and action! We pray in faith and act in faith.

3) guard our weak points! (v13)We are all weak and broken sinners..., surely after 30 some odd years, I ought to know my weak points and be on my guard! Don't give enemy the chance to slip in thru my weak points! It's also our responsibility to protect our spouse's weak points too.

4) build each other up! (v 16~17)Besides guarding our weak points, we also better not forget to help build each other up too! The Jews guarded, but they also continued on rebuilding the walls!

Pastor Jim also emphasized that as a leader, it's super important to lift up the spirit of those who he's leading! I think I'm a bit weak in this area..., I do try my best to encourage and comfort, but sometimes I'm just not very good at it I think... I want to do better, Lord! Pastor Jim also said that we ought to learn to encourage ourselves in the Lord like David did(1 Sam 30:6). I think I can do that fairly well..., not sure about encouraging others, but I think I can encourage myself in God well! ;)

Well, better not get too cocky I suppose. Today's reading was about King Saul, he seemed like a pretty good guy... and humble too! Not sure what happened to him later on. If I were to all of a sudden become rich and powerful, would I suffer the same fate? Maybe it's why God doesn't want me to be rich and powerful? ;)

I also find it interesting that Samuel's children weren't all that godly too. Everything in life is just so darn unpredictable. Anyway, I suppose if everything is so predictable, then life would be pretty boring, right? ;)

May our lives be more adventurous..., may my household be godly..., may His will be done in our lives! :)

No comments: