Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Philemon...

Sounds like one of the Pokemons... ;)

It's interesting that I heard Pastor Poncho talk about it this morning on the way to work... and I'm reading Philemon again during lunch. It's basically a letter by Paul to Philemon to plea for forgiveness of Onesimus. Not sure what Onesimus has done, must be something horrible for him to be sent to jail with Paul at the time...

Anyway, without Paul writing a letter to you, how easy it is for you to forgive someone? Even if in your heart you know that person is wrong and don't want to see or talk to that person ever again for the hurt caused by that person...

As hard as it is, God's forgiveness of our sins is 'conditional' upon us forgiving others who've wronged us. So can we really afford to hold grudges against others? Even if we are perfectly righteous and doesn't need God to forgive us, what benefit is there for us to continue to hold on to grudges anyway?

I personally think God wants us to sometimes learn to agree to disagree, but also to never stop loving one another. I don't have to completely agree with someone to love someone. This is how God can love all, but not agree with all. We as children of God are called to do the same. Of course it'd be even better if we have someone who we love and who we agree with... or who we're well pleased with. Just as God the Father loves Jesus and is well pleased with him..., but in less than ideal circumstances, even when well pleasing is out of the picture, love is something we ought to never toss out.

Okay, I think I'm done preaching..., just amazed at Hillary's win at New Hampshire. All polls showing her behind initially, maybe women gave her lots of sympathy votes?

My personal favorites are still Huckabee and Obama. If it comes down to those 2, I think I'll pick Osama... because I think I agree with him more... eventhough they are both brothers of Christ...

Anyway, may the best candidate win. God help us!

2 comments:

wtf IS my initial said...

Hum....I thought it's Obama...unless you like Bin Laden?

Billy said...

Oops! I fixed it! ;)