Friday, January 18, 2008

Finally, I'm tanking...

Apparently this sort of gravitational effect is contagious... ;)

What can I do? How can I really soar like an eagle when it comes to my shortcomings?

I wish God can just teach me how to fly.

And today, it just happens that I'm reading about 'instructions'. God's instructions are just so tedious and hard to follow. Besides the OT Leviticus stuffs, even things in the New Testament are hard! How do we even do 'love'? With so many distractions in life, we don't even have time to love those we are close to... let alone our enemies...

Spirit is indeed willing to soar, but the flesh is just too fat to be able to avoid the gravitational effect of sinful nature...

O God, please forgive us of our sorry acts and weaknesses..., please also help us to learn to forgive other people's sorry acts or weakness against us. We know that Your grace is sufficient and we thank You for that..., but when can You demonstrate Your perfect power thru our weaknesses, Lord? Even I'm tired and wearied Lord..., I am flexible, but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of breaking, right?

What hope do I have? Except the hope that is in You, who's is the everlasting God who reigns forever! You are defender of the weak and You comfort those in need..., well, Lord, we are weak and we are in desperate need! We don't want to continue spiral downward anymore. Lift us up Lord God by the power of Your Word so that we may actually bring glory to Your name. Thanks... and we praise You for Your enduring love...

No comments: