Friday, January 11, 2008

Getting hungry...

It's interesting that although I did not plan on fasting my spiritual lunch, things tend to happen at work to cause me to skip my spiritual lunch anyway. But that's okay, I guess I can have my spiritual dinner! ;)

Anyway, fasting seem to have worked so far. Wife was full of raging fire on Wednesday evening. After fasting one lunch..., it was reduced to 60%. (I know because I asked her) After fasting for my 2nd lunch today..., it seemed she's now at 0%! Yippee! I will fast one more lunch on Saturday just to make sure that flame is out completely! ;) Jesus was right, sometimes prayer has to go with fasting. And hopefully this 'fire' won't ever be able to burn again..., or at least be more manageable. May God help us! Thank You Lord! :)

Today's reading was about John, the gayish apostle who loves Jesus so much that he'd often lay on his chest! ;) This apostle of love continued to encourage us in faith and to love each other, however, he warned us to not love this world too much though. Yeah, easier said than done. Lot of what's taught in scripture is easier said than done... we just naturally don't want to do the things we're suppose to do... and we end up doing the things we're NOT suppose to do. Lord God, please enable us with Your Spirit so that we can actually do them... so that we may not only be the children You love, but also the children You are pleased with! Halleluja!!!

No comments: