Thursday, January 10, 2008

I am a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God!

Yep, that's what Brother GD talked about last nite in prayer meeting.

Of course chosen by God doesn't mean I'm home-free and set to go to heaven. God's salvation is conditional upon faith. Do you believe?

Also, do we see ourselves as royal priests? Am I really royalty? Or do I see myself of little value? Have I been a good priest? Interceeding, mediating..., sacrificing my self, carrying the cross to follow the Lord?

Have I been holy? Or have I been giving Satan opportunities to accuse me, to take me down... Also, am I really a nation? Or have I remained a loner... doing my own things...

Do we really belong to God or to the world?

Lord knows and we know...

Brother GD had gave us a good warning to stay alert at the beginning of 2008.

After the prayer meeting, love of my life is still very troubled in her heart by various things. She doesn't want to be troubled by these things..., she doesn't want to be depressed, but she just cannot help herself. I and the kiddie cat can't really help her either, but we can only try our best...

So I'm gonna try fasting 3 lunches along with prayer to see if this can help. Wife actually want to cook dinner so I guess this won't be a real around the clock fasting..., but if it comes to that, the I guess we gotta do what we gotta do. Jesus did teach us that sometimes prayers along isn't enough... and fasting is also needed...

So anyway, hopefully this will help.

It's kinda cool to have no lunch actually. Today, I just worked thru it because I had to finish something quickly. Maybe I can go home earlier too since I didn't take lunch break..., but then again, I am taking a spiritual lunch break now... and eating my spiritual lunch now... ;)

And today's reading was about James. There were some encouraging words:

2 我 的 弟 兄 們 , 你 們 落 在 百 般 試 煉 中 , 都 要 以 為 大 喜 樂 ;
3 因 為 知 道 你 們 的 信 心 經 過 試 驗 , 就 生 忍 耐 。
4 但 忍 耐 也 當 成 功 , 使 你 們 成 全 、 完 備 , 毫 無 缺 欠 。

Yes, may these trials help us gain more faith... and may more faith help us do more deeds so that God may be glorified...

No comments: