Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Let the our word become flesh(physical action) too!

Politicians are known hypocrites. But I suppose most of us do also say one thing and do another. As difficult to trust a politician as it is, we are still left to choose one to lead us every so often.

I guess Obama probably will be the first ever black president in the US history if his lead continues. I pray that he won't be assasinated or anything like that... who knows, there are extremists in US too... if he is right for America, may God protect him from harm.

On the Republican side, Huckabee has slid to a distant 3rd, McCain is now leading a tiny bit with that Mormon Romney at 2nd. McCain is a war hero, captured as POW in Vietname for a long time, but I'm not sure about his faith... so for sure I'd prefer Huckabee over McCain or Romney..., but overall, I think Obama is probably the most ideal choice... anyway, God knows what's best for us..., may be best man win! New Hampshire is voting today, they'll probably seal the fate of many candidates...

Anyway, Nader emailed us saying that his Altima has broken down and the repair bill would've been huge... so he's going to get a new car. Daniel suggested a Lotus sports car. Saying that since he's still single, he should live large! Tigran also suggested him to get something upscale, like a Jaguar or something..., but I suggested him to get a TSX. It's old, but it's great... I told him he can get a great deal too! So he compared a bit..., load up the new Altima with comparable options of the TSX, then come up to about the same price! But given his bad experience with his Altima and with Acura's 5 yr warranty..., plus TSX come in a nice dark green that he likes... I think he's seriously considering getting one now! He was actually considering some hybrid car, but none of them comes with the cool green TSX comes with... all the hybrid has some cheesy bright green color..., plus, I told him that repair bill for those cars probably will cost a lot too 10 years down the road...

Anyway, I'm such a great salesperson, I should go work for Acura or something... ;) If only I can be as good as selling the Gospel to people. Maybe that's the problem, people think something is wrong or there's some catch when it's 'free'. Yeah, maybe I should start charging people with the gospel of Jesus Christ! ;)

Anywho, today's reading was about Titus. It was all about Paul teaching Titus what to do and teach... and how to appoint the proper elders..., but of course being godly isn't all about words, but also about action. We can all sound holy, but do our actions back up our words? Do we act like we believe in God? Or do we act as if there's no God?

May the most godly man wins the presidential race in both Taiwan and in the US.

No comments: