Sunday, March 27, 2011

Regenerate (day 12)

OKAY! Vacation over! It was nice and relaxing... also had some delicious food..., but now it's back to work! Back to getting busy and not lazy! Luckily I didn't get too fat! ;)

Anyway, it's also interesting that a mega-church pastor named Rob Bell is stirring some controversies amongst the Christian community with his new book 'love wins'. Haven't read the book yet, but supposedly it's currently the #4 top selling book on Amazon... and #1 selling religious book. Main issue is that he deviates away from the age old Christina main stream belief that hell is a place that torments souls forever and ever... it seems that if you don't believe a soul burns in hell forever, then something is wrong with your faith?

Personally, I believe hell's fire is definitely eternal, but I really kinda doubt anyone can really 'live' forever in hell. Surely eventually unbelievers must perish at certain point in time? Are souls really indestructible? So I don't think Pastor Bell was probably that wrong based on the articles that I've read ..., but then again, Who really knows? I could be wrong. Who has been to hell and back? I also haven't really read his book. As long as we understand Who we really believe in, that's the more important thing, right? I wish Christians would quit bickering amongst themselves regarding these side issues.

Father, thank you for your forgiveness. If I'm wrong regarding theology of hell, then I need your forgiveness there too! In whatever areas of my life or thoughts that's wrong, please forgive and correct me. Thank you for removing all my shame and guilt and making me righteous. I bask in your love and mercy. I thrive in your grace. You are so good to me. I love you, Lord. In Christ's name. Amen.

(Psalm 103, 174.0 lbs, $4.259)

No comments: