Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Regenerate (Day 14)

Today is suppose to be a day of fasting, but we bought Akiang dinner to celebrate her birthday today... ;) Oh well... I'm not really sure what to fast... maybe I'll start by fasting snacks first. We are probably allowing our flesh to grow too fat, perhaps a more serious fasting in really in order! King David could not only fast, but also skip sleep until he finds a dwelling place for the Lord. Hmm..., baby steps first.

Father, as I slowly begin to deny myself during this season of fasting, I do it for the sole purpose of seeking your face and acknowledging that you are the source of my life. Lord, I want to go deep in my relationship with you. You are the one who sustains me. Help strengthen my spirit and weaken my fleshly desires. Thank you. In Christ's name.

(Psalm 132:1-5, 172.6 lbs, $4.239)

No comments: