Monday, March 21, 2011

Regenerate! (Day 6)

Got super busy at work for a while... and then got real sick for the past weeks... thought the lemon water was keeping me form sickness for a while when I see co-workers getting sick left and right..., but finally the flu virus got a hold of me. Anyway, thank God that I'm feeling much better now.

Also Pastor Jim started a new 'regenerate' campaign! It's suppose to be a 40day fast and prayer thing until Easter. I'm already 5 days late..., but better late than never I suppose! Another thing I'm not really sure of is what to sacrifice out of my life for the next 35 days. Perhaps just a bit of sleep to wake up earlier each morning to keep up with my devotions daily... ;)

For the first 6 days, we're suppose to yearn, desire and crave God and allow God to stir up that longing for Him so that regeneration can take place.

I do long for God, but to be frank, not really as the deer pants for streams of water. Also found this video... showing the Kimyal Tribe in Papua, Indonesia receiving their first ever NT Bible! Their emotion and longing to finally receive God's Word in their native language..., wow, that really puts me to shame.



So yeah, starting from today, may God stir my soul to have the same amount of longing for Him! Reading and meditating in His Words in multiple translations! :D

Lord Jesus, today I place all my hope in you. I am confident that you will hold me fast through the storms of life. I can hope in you because you are faithful, able and willing to fulfill every promise you have made. Therefore, I will trust you with all my heart. I also pray that you deliver the Japanese people to be safe from harm too! In Christ's name! Amen.

(Psalm 42, 172.8 lbs, $4.119)

No comments: