Monday, December 1, 2008

Relaxing long weekend for me!

Other than the crazy terrorism thing going on at India, it has been a very relaxing weekend for me.

Wife, on the other hand, had to deal with family gatherings and teaching during the long weekend, so she probably wasn't all that relaxing... Since grand-aunt's passing, I think our family's other relatives will probably be spending the actual holidays with the other side of the family first... and then we'll have a get together of our own on the next day or somethings... They used to alternate every year... So does this mean wife needs to have double the family fun? One with mom and dad on the actual holiday... and the other with the rest of the relatives? Or should we just forget about the other relatives? Or should we not spend holidays with mom and dad and just go to the big get together a day later?

Sigh. Thinking about it is stressing me out too! ;) It's really suppose to be fun... hopefully I can just make things more fun for the wife so that she can be less stressed out.

Anyway, we also did a bit of shopping too, trying to help get the economy moving... our biggest ticket item was actually a $65 sewing machine! Yeah, I just have this urge to sew. Pretty weird. I wonder what I'll be making! Perhaps I can be making Xmas presents, but then, our economy will really tank now!!! ;)

Yeah, I'm experiencing the urge to create. My last creation was just the TV stand. What new things will I be creating next? Hmm...

Pastor Jim talked about how we all need to have a new walk, new talk, new mentality and a new look. Are we really the new creations in Christ or are we just the same old creations of the messed up world? Interestingly we also bumped into Chin this Sunday at Faith. Chin has been an instrumental person who got me to know Christ. In a way I'm kinda sadden that today, both Chin and I are now just a Sunday service attendee. No longer really plugged in to the Body of Christ due to past bad experiences.

Help us plug ourselves into You Lord! So that we may truly be renewed and become the new creations that we're meant to be!

(Job 22-24, 174.2 lbs, $2.139)

No comments: