Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Long weekend!

One of my old fillings fell off, so I went to the dentist to get it fixed on Monday morning. As it turned out, the dentist told me that I have a lot of little cavities all over... thanks for not taking good care of my teeth... such as regular flossing. So I may have to pay the dentist a visit 5 more times to get it all fixed. Not looking forward to that at all.

So on the rest of my "sick day", I ended up getting my first sewing project done! Yes, after much practicing, I've finally finished my first pillow! Got many more pillows lying around, I'll be making some more trying to add buttons and zippers... I'll probably be ready to make cloths pretty soon! ;) But of course mainly I just want to do furniture re-upholstering or perhaps new curtains for our new home! Anyway, we'll see how it goes.
DSCF1551DSCF1555

Over the weekend, wife for the first time saw the B-2 stealth bomber flying low around our neighborhood. Not sure what the military is doing, probably just practicing for the Rose Parade. Still, it was a bit uncomfortable though... and on Monday, an F-18 jet fell off the sky above San Diego and crashed into a few homes. A poor Korean business man lost his wife and kids just like that. The guy is a Christian..., probably a modern day Job I guess. How sad is that?

Anyway, Pastor Jim preached about 'faith' on Sunday. Saying that regardless of how 'little', God gave all of us a measure of faith. And the Word of God can help us grow that faith, but nothing beats actually practicing it! And often times, we'll be tested thru sufferings. It is times like that which will help us find out how much faith we really have! May that Korean man be able to pass the test just like Job did. May he has friends that are better than Job's friends... capable of actually comforting him.

As for us, yeah, just like God gave me a measure of desire for sewing..., and I grow that desire by reading books on sewing..., and now I practice and practice to actually sew something... and after the pillow case survived the washer and dryer test, then I know everything's good! ;) Besides sewing, may we all be prepared to put our faith to the test!

(Job 34-39, 174.0 lbs, $1.899)

No comments: