Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!?

Whew! Xmas is nearly over... just one more family dinner to go thru on Saturday!

Anyway, also spent some 'quality time' together just with the wife at home today...

Found out some interesting things... which is that wife has never experienced sadness prior to meeting Chuck! I know wife has rarely/never cried when she was young, but I didn't realize that she really has never been that sad before. Yeah, we were sharing happy and sad moments in our lives prior to meeting each other... that was certainly an interesting revelation. If it weren't for Chuck, PC and me, wife could possibly have gone thru life without experience sadness!!! ;)

Wife and I sure are quite different. When she was young, she's super confident and always can get to job done. I think I'm quite the opposite. I don't think I've ever gotten straight A's even once. Plus, I think there had always been plenty of things going on that can make me sad... and I think I had issues with self esteem, probably still do somewhat.

Main problem with wife is that sometimes she just doesn't want to do it when she can... as for me, it seems that I try and try and I just can't get it done. Of course sometimes in retrospect, I just wasn't doing it right!

Anyway, in the 'how people grow' book, sadness or this feeling poor in spirit is a good start I suppose. Only when we're feeling sad and broke will be look UP for help. Although I think I'm looking UP more often than wife does, but may God grant me wisdom to be able to figure how to do things properly in the real world too! ;) O Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea...

(Psalm 46-55)

No comments: