Friday, December 19, 2008

Need to get better(financially, physically and spiritually of course!)

Last nite we had another bible study with parents..., everything's cool with the bible study as we finish up with story of Jacob. However, almost without fail every time, we can eventually hear mom complaining dad is wasting too much money on investments... and dad complaining about mom wasting too much money buying stuffs! I think wife is siding with dad more since dad losing money is less within his own control... and for sure mom doesn't know how to save money... she'll only stop when there's not much left! ;) But bottomline is that I think they both have self control problems with money. Dad can get pretty greedy with 'investing' sometimes. Best way for them is to just have enough and no extra money! ;)

I'd like to think that I'm a little better..., but wife probably will disagree. ;) I can be very frugal like dad and I can spend a lot like mom only when it comes to important stuffs. The most expensive things I've ever purchased would be my car... and the diamond ring I think. Hopefully soon to be a home... given that prices and interest rates are coming down. May God Himself teach and guide me on matters of money.

Anyway, it's also been cold and rainy lately. Wife has been sore all over pretty much everyday now... and I've discovered an interesting thing about myself thanks to regular blogging... I discovered that almost have 'periods' too! ;) Yes, it was about the 19th last month that I had a cold sore, this month I got sores on my lips again!!! And a month before that was when I developed this rash on my eyes. Maybe it's all just coincidental... according to websites, stress, illness, poor nutrition, excessive activity and even sunlight coupled with a weakened immune system can cause outbreaks. Last month for sure was stress induced, this month must be poor nutrition. I have been trying to lose weight lately, perhaps I'm trying too hard. I also really should be taking my vitamins more regularly. My immune system has been much weaker than before for some reason... What's going on? Better be more careful next month!

O LORD, you have seen this; be not silent.
Do not be far from me, O Lord.

Turn your ear to me,
come quickly to my rescue;

be my rock of refuge,
a strong fortress to save me.

Awake, and rise to my defense!
Contend for me, my God and Lord.

I wait in hope for the LORD;
he is my help and my shield.

In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.

(Psalm 31-35, 172.6 lbs, $1.859)

No comments: