Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa's workshop!

I've been staying home doing some xmas shopping and pillow case making... yes, I'm giving pillowcases along with ironed on pictures on them as xmas presents this year. It's economical, it's made with love and it helps me gain more experience! Right now, I can make like 7 or 8 a day, perhaps I can get faster as I become better. Can't believe I've started a pillowcase factory! ;)

Of course I still bought toys for my little nephew. Kids just love toys... perhaps next year I'll be able to make him stuffed animals/toys... ;)

Anyway, besides being productive, the psalms I've been reading along with the 'how people grow' book seemed to have coincided! In this chapter, author is saying that in order for people to grow, we have to realize our spiritual poverty. 'Blessed are the poor in spirit!' Pretty much every Psalmist I've read lately is lamenting about something... and they kept on stressing waiting on and hope in the Lord... yes, nothing in this world can help us look to God more than spiritual poverty. Of course we don't have to be like Jesus to actually 'become poor'... all we need is to simply realize that we are poor... and that is the ultimate key to spiritual growth. As King Solomon has proven, not even supreme wisdom can help him grow!

So, may we all be able to realize our spiritual poverty soon so that we may all begin our spiritual growth as soon as possible! Only when we realize how poor we really are will we stop and look up into that morning star to follow Him. Especially during this holiday season, even if economy is bad, even if we're not busy shopping, we're probably still busy doing something else. How often do we take the time to look up?

(Psalm 36-45, 172.8lbs, $1.919)

No comments: