Wednesday, November 26, 2008

pre-Thanksgiving

I missed out on the free Dr Pepper. Oh well.

No matter what happens, the LORD is to be praised, right? ;)

I'm thankful that I still have a case full of Dr Pepper at home available for me to drink. What do I have to complain about?

Yes, Thanksgiving is coming up. The impending family gathering is once again causing stress to build up for the wife! Luckily I have the situation under control for now..., may God continue to give me wisdom to know what to do... do know how to comfort my wife. Unlike the so called 'friends' of Job.

Reading about them arguing is kinda cool... remind me so much of my own arguing online sometimes. My recent debate with folks about Prop 8 of course went nowhere. So since I'm not really doing any good for those people nor for God, best thing to do is probably to just shut up and walk away... I've come to the conclusion that this gay marriage thing is kinda like euthanasia. What's the right thing to do? Surely we don't want to see our loved ones suffer... nor do we want to just let them go like that. Often times in this world, we're stucked in between a rock and a hard place. What can we do?

Well, we just can't keep Eve from eating that fruit forever... nor can we force the prodigal son to stay home forever. People gotta do what people gotta do. For sure God is pro-life, but He is also pro-choice. People certainly have the right to choose how they want to live their lives.

All that I ask is that God gives me wisdom to be able to choose wisely. Pastor Jim taught us to meditate... or mutter on the words of God. He also encourage us to live our lives differently than folks of the world. For these are the only way to truly live blessed lives. Of course sometimes during our lives, things may appeared to be not very blessed! ;) Job is one shiny example of that! But still, that is only relatively 'short termed'. I suppose Job not only had the wisdom to choose things wisely, he also had the strength to choose to live righteously. Refusing to just curse God and die. Yeah, besides, wisdom, may God also grant me the strength to carry on no matter what happens!!!

Thanks LORD! :)

(Job 13-21, $2.199, 174.6lbs)

No comments: