Monday, November 17, 2008

Pump me up O God!!!!

For the past few days I've been trying to work hard to resolve some weird issues that came up at work. I tried to be like Esther…, I prayed and even fasted for one lunch… and it seemed to help a bit. The problem is sort of resolved now, at least we got it working. However, we still don’t have a full understand of our problem yet. Perhaps I need to fast for 3 days like Esther! ;)

Yeah, both prayer meeting and pastor Jim’s sermon talked about how we ought to ‘work out’ our spiritual selves. If we don’t use it, we’ll lose it! Can't let the outer man continue to get fatter and fatter… and then let the inner spirit man atrophy away, right? 3 day fast sound like a better and better idea! ;)

I’ve also discussed about prop 8 to some people online and unfortunately they are all pretty pissed. I said same sex marriage is so obviously different. Even Obama isn’t pro gay marriage! But hey, if you want equal rights, CA does have equal civil union rights!!!

But to them, I’m viewed as some sort of bigot… and to use the bathroom analogy, still supporting the separate but equal bathroom’s for whites and colored folks. But to me, I think I’m more like supporting equal but separate bathrooms for men and women! Why mix the two up? From a child’s point of view, shouldn’t one mommy and one daddy still the most ideal way to go? We just couldn’t agree. But that’s okay, people should still learn to agree to disagree without hating each other, right? But I get the feeling that I’m being hated for my faith.

Sigh, for sure I didn’t make any friends. Probably also failed to fish any men for Christ as Pastor Jim want us to do… Oh well. May God have mercy on all of us.

(Esther 1-10, 174.6 lbs, $2.559)

No comments: