Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The great fire gas has turned into real fire!!!

Yeah, besides cold sores, our hills are burning... and even a newly constructed building near our apartment burned up too! Knocked out our power also...

Last night was kinda eerie... power got knocked out... and we heard a bunch of helicopters and sirens... and although we cannot see the fire directly from our apartment, but I can see that there's a bright glow reflecting off of buildings... I thought perhaps we're under attack from terrorists... or perhaps aliens... or perhaps Jesus has returned!!! ;)

Anyway, so it was kinda nice for us to rest in the darkness for a while... with no TVs or computers or other distractions... kinda like a quick get away from civilization... our emotions turn from exited... scared... to later on relaxed and peaceful... it made us cherish even more of what we do have... helped us realize what is really important in life!

Had been reading Job lately. Yeah, I had a few cold sores too... and the structures that burned down... at least I don't know any of the victims first hand... so I guess I still don't really know the pain Job had gone thru... perhaps that's good. For sure no sane person would want to voluntarily go thru what Job went thru... of course I don't mean to imply Christ as insane... for he willingly went thru his sufferings... ;) Anyway, upon reading Job, it kinda made me realize one thing...

That is I'm nothing like Job. I'm more like those stupid friends of Job. Their words on the surface sound very nice and holy and spiritual and all that... but they are of no help for Job. Kinda like my debate with some of the online friends regarding prop 8. What I told them are scripturally... theologically correct..., but how am I really helping the homosexuals? I don't know what's it like to be them... Christ is full of both grace and truth. Truth often time hurts..., but grace is the only way that can heal and change souls. I really need to learn to be more gracious... without compromising the truth of course.

I fasted one meal(skipped lunch yesterday), and had a very small dinner. Amazingly, this morning, I still weigh about the same!!! What's up with that? Today, there's free pizza, so I didn't fast, just had a slice of the free pizza... hopefully I won't get too fat because of that! Sigh...,I hope my outer man won't continue to get too fat while inner man grows thinner. May Holy Spirit really turn up the fire that's within us... instead of burning more of Southern California..., the the fire burn inside of us... of course may we all respond to the fire that's within... and not put it out.
(Job 1-6, 174.4 lbs, $2.459)

No comments: