Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Parables...

Today I was reading about Martha and Mary... Martha is a busy body... has to constantly do things and get things done... whereas Mary prefers to simply focus on her Lord. Of course this parable is no excuse to be lazy... that we should all just do nothing, but pray and read the bible all day long... ;) But it is trying to let us know what is more important in life... and what we should focus on. (Luke 10:38-42)

That passage was kinda short... so I read on... to the parable about the rich fool... who's only interested in storing up stuffs on earth..., but little did he know what God is about to take his life tonite!!! Jesus simply didn't want us to worry too much about toromorrw... for it's simply useless. If we want to get rich... if we want to store things up... might as well get rich spiritually... and store up our treasures in heaven! (Luke 12:13-34)

It's interesting that God, Brother GD and Pastor Jim are all talking about similar things here... while at a time, I don't feel particularly wealthy! But I do have to admit that I don't feel that I've been depositing much towards heaven lately though... Help me change my ways Lord! Change me to become a bit more useable in Your Kingdom! :)

No comments: