Monday, December 3, 2007

Do not under estimate a Phillipino!!!

This 15 yr old girl named Charice Pempengco is simply amazing! For sure she'll be able to PK anyone off any competition at anytime! She makes all other singers look like a joke!!!! ;)

Last weekend pastor Jim happened to preached about "Phillipians" 4:19 (And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.) Of course most of God's promises are conditional... in this case, it's conditional upon our own generocity... conditional upon us not being lazy... and stupid! ;) Anyway, I really like Pastor Jim's analogy that we shouldn't have this pie mentality... as if we don't get a piece, it's going to run out! God's riches is like a flowing river... and flow is non-stop!!!

Pastor Jim also talked about praying for God to mess with our lives... ;) Prayers such as asking God to not just grant us whatever we wish..., but to seriously meet the true need of ours so that we won't even end up asking for other less meaningful things to meet our needs... Anyway, not sure how he said it, but yes, I'd like God to mess with me the same way. :)

Today's scripture reading was about the good samaritan..., now this guy is one generous guy! He went out of his way to help out a brother in need... May God uses me to meet the needs of the folks around me. O Lord, give me the heart to be able to carry it out..., give me the strength to be able to not be lazy... and give me the wisdom to not to be too dumb! Thanks! :)

(Luke 10:25-37)

No comments: