Friday, December 7, 2007

Interruptions...

Yesterday was our Christmas luncheon for the department. This year I didn't win any awards or prizes..., oh well, better luck next time! ;) Today, we also had a long meeting which lasted thru lunch hour... daily devotional ended up getting shoved off for later once again... perhaps I need to do my devotionals in the morning... this way nothing can interrupt it..., but then again, I'm so lazy at times... I'd tend to sleep in until the absolute last minute... Sigh.. spirit is willing, but flesh is weak. Strengthen me O God! So that I'm always spiritually connected to the True Vine!

Anyway, today and yesterday's scripture reading was about Nathanael and Nicodemus. I honestly don't recall much of that disciple of Christ, but I guess this is probably the case for most follower of Christ. Surely people like Mother Teresa who's that famous around the world is exception to the usual rule! Most faithful followers are probably relative unknowns... important thing is that we ought to continue to follow Christ no matter what and not worry too much about what others think. (John 1:43-2:11,John 21:1-13)

Regarding Nicodemus, I suppose he's more famous..., but although he's an expert in theology, he still couldn't understand the truth as it was revealed to him by Jesus. But his story confirms that if we ask, Jesus would gladly give. Knock and Christ will open the door...seek, though Nico didn't quite get it at first, but he did eventually found the Truth I think. (John 3:1-21, John 19:38-40)

I don't need to be famous, but hopeful after my one life on earth..., I'll be able to really get what God wants me to get..., instead of allowing interruptions to distract me...

No comments: