Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Babies like heros too!

Yahoo posted an article saying that Babies like good samaritans too! Proving that human babies are actually very competent socially and capable of figuring out who's nice and who's not nice without anyone teaching them! No wonder babies like me so much! ;)

I guess I'm still a big baby too... since I like heros still... ;)

In today's scripture reading..., Jesus did another 'heroic' act... which is to revive Lazarus. What we can learn from that story of course is that God's timing can often be unpredictable. What we thought would be too late... is actually right on time with God! And I think Pastor Jim once mentioned that even after God has done His work of salvation..., he still expects us to help build up each other... such as Jesus telling others to help the newly revived lazarus to get rid of the stinky strips of linen... in our case, it'd be helping each other to get rid of our stinky sinful habits!

You know, instead of just run away from the stench, we should try our best cleaning each other up! I have a surname called Broken Linen... hopeful one day I can completely get rid of that stinky linen so that I can truly live as Christ lived...

And further along the story, Mary annointed Jesus with perfume too!

So basically to love God and to love each other is to help make each other smell good! ;)

Do I stink? I'm sorry about that..., but please don't hate me because I stink! Of couse we should also take care of our spiritual personal hygiene by not being so annoyingly stinky! Regular cleansing is necessary...

Now do you find others stinky? Well, try helping that person smell better if you can... instead of running away! ;)

I guess this is probably why babies had to have good abilities finding 'good samaritans'. Cause they stink up a room regularly... only a good samaritan would want to help babies clean up their messes! :D

(John 11:1-12:36)

No comments: