Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hero!

Lately, wife and I are hooked on watch a new TV series named Heros on DVD. The story is rather complicated..., thank God for Netflix so that we can watch them all together without commercials... otherwise, I'm sure it'll be even more confusing.

Anyway, the premise of the story is interesting... the story teller combined "evolution" AND "gift of God" to explain the super abilities of those characters, but of course not very clearly which it is... Viewers don't really have an idea of exactly what is going on... I guess this way they don't upset any of their viewers regardless of their faith! And it actually mimmicks reality pretty good! ;)

And with these super abilities... of course the charaters tend to split into 2 groups... that is what they would do with their powers? It's a constant struggle of whether I use my powers to do good... to save the world... or do I use my powers for my own personal benefit? Realistically, we all struggle thru life with the similar kind of temptations. Struggling between being selfless and selfish.

But of course in order to be a true hero, one mustn't be selfish.

Of course the biggest super hero of all is our Lord Jesus Christ! Today's scripture reading is about him saving an adulterous woman. Not sure what he's writing or drawing on the sand, but suffice to say what he wrote probably drove the mob away...

Saving an adulterous woman may not seem that big of a deal, but surely to that woman, Jesus is her biggest hero!

(John 8:1-11)

No comments: