Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Problem solving...

Today, I'm starting a new short-term assignment trying to identify and solve a problem for the heat shield for the future space shuttle. Of course, it actually won't be a shuttle, it's just a capsule like the one back in Apollo moonlanding days. NASA figure that's just cheaper than to maintain the shuttle. Anyway, I have until the end of month to help out... and if we fail, I think NASA is just going to cancel on us and go to another vendor... Hmm... May God help me help Boeing find the cause so that we can move forward!!!

There's also problem at home too! But of course it's the same problems Pastor Su has long identified. Will problems simply disappear? Pastor Su never promise that. Jesus never promised that. So what should I do? I don't know. All I can count on is Jesus helping us thru our problems.

Am I avoiding the problems and allowing to get worse? I dunno..., maybe. But if Jesus can sleep thru a storm, why shouldn't I be more like Jesus?

Today's scripture reading is about that rich young man..., who wanted to know what must one DO to inherit eternal life? This young man is basically a very decent human being. He has kept the laws of God pretty perfectly... except that he's grabbing onto money too tightly and he cannot trust Jesus wholeheartedly enough to just faithfully follow him.

Do we need money to live? OF COURSE we do!!! However, do we need it more than Jesus? Of course we shouldn't fantasize Jesus giving us huge sums of money, but shouldn't we trust that Jesus would provide for us in ways that's more than sufficient?

Of course although it is more blessed to give than to receive, I do know when not to give. I do know when to draw the line. But of course where I draw the line is different than where my wife draws the line... and because we draw our lines at different places, we end up with disagreements. We both need to learn to figue out a line that we are both okay with..., this will most likely require some sacrifice on both of our parts.

If the rich young man loves Jesus and the poor, of course he'll have no problem giving away his fortune to follow Jesus. Likewise if wife and I love each other, surely we'll be able to sacrifice for each other and eventually reach that line we're both happy with. Lord Jesus, we've made a commitment to follow you no matter what, we've also made a commitment to stick with each other no matter what. I know our marriage will be a blessed and successful one! Besides just the 'commitments', help us Lord to love You and each other more each day! Help us change to become more like You. Protect us Lord God from evil attacks! We pray in Jesus' name!

(Mark 10:17-31)

No comments: