Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Snobby people...

Oops, I ran out of time after reading the Word during lunch yesterday... so I didn't put in any entry... oh well, I had nothing intersting to report anyways... ;)

Last nite, bunch of relatives were discussing after dinner how come some relatives can be so snobbish? Didn't we all grow up together? Didn't we all help each other out? But just when fame and fortune is achieved, they tend to want to have little to do with us.

My personal thinking was, so what? They're probably just afraid of 'us' wanting to take advantage of 'them'. If they don't want to have anything to do with us, then let them! It's okay..., it's not like we don't really have enough relatives to go around! ;)

Now, what bothers me is, why do people do that? Even great man of God such as David and Solomon did that to their God when good fortune or sexy chicks messed up their minds or hearts. Would I do that? If God were to bless me like He did David or Solomon, would I end up forgetting about the LORD too and start doing stupid things? I honestly can't say for sure..., sure, I can be like Peter and say the right thing..., but when time comes, will I be able to act it out?

If I don't ever get rich or famous, then perhaps that'd be the answer from God. God probably just didn't want to spoil me too much and end up causing me to forget Him!

Pro 13
4 懶 惰 人 羨 慕 , 卻 無 所 得 ; 殷 勤 人 必 得 豐 裕 。

Of course, I better not be a lazy butt too... ;)

This is one of my favorite psalms:
Psalm 113
1
你 們 要 讚 美 耶 和 華 ! 耶 和 華 的 僕 人 哪 , 你 們 要 讚 美 , 讚 美 耶 和 華 的 名 !
2 耶 和 華 的 名 是 應 當 稱 頌 的 , 從 今 時 直 到 永 遠 !
3 從 日 出 之 地 到 日 落 之 處 , 耶 和 華 的 名 是 應 當 讚 美 的 !
4 耶 和 華 超 乎 萬 民 之 上 ; 他 的 榮 耀 高 過 諸 天 。
5 誰 像 耶 和 華 ─ 我 們 的   神 呢 ? 他 坐 在 至 高 之 處 ,
6 自 己 謙 卑 , 觀 看 天 上 地 下 的 事 。
7 他 從 灰 塵 裡 抬 舉 貧 寒 人 , 從 糞 堆 中 提 拔 窮 乏 人 ,
8 使 他 們 與 王 子 同 坐 , 就 是 與 本 國 的 王 子 同 坐 。
9 他 使 不 能 生 育 的 婦 人 安 居 家 中 , 為 多 子 的 樂 母 。 你 們 要 讚 美 耶 和 華 !

Psalm 63
1 神 啊 , 你 是 我 的 神 , 我 要 切 切 地 尋 求 你 , 在 乾 旱 疲 乏 無 水 之 地 , 我 渴 想 你 ; 我 的 心 切 慕 你 。
2 我 在 聖 所 中 曾 如 此 瞻 仰 你 , 為 要 見 你 的 能 力 和 你 的 榮 耀 。
3 因 你 的 慈 愛 比 生 命 更 好 , 我 的 嘴 唇 要 頌 讚 你 。
4 我 還 活 的 時 候 要 這 樣 稱 頌 你 ; 我 要 奉 你 的 名 舉 手 。
5 我 在 床 上 記 念 你 , 在 夜 更 的 時 候 思 想 你 ; 我 的 心 就 像 飽 足 了 骨 髓 肥 油 , 我 也 要 以 歡 樂 的 嘴 唇 讚 美 你 。

Tonite our department head will treat us for successfully releasing all of the required drawings..., we will have Korean BBQ, I hope I won't gain too much weight because of that, but whatever happens, yes, may the name of the Lord be praised! :)

Psalm 13
6 我 要 向 耶 和 華 歌 唱 , 因 他 用 厚 恩 待 我 。

(2 Samuel 5-8; 2 Samuel 11-13; 2 Samuel 15; 2 Samuel 18 ;1 Kings 3; 1 Kings 6-12 ; psalm 12,13,62,63,112,113; proverbs 12,13)

No comments: