Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sabrina...

Having an addition in the family definitely stirred things up a bit. Of course I never really want another cat in the house, but since wife wants one... and since I think Hades needs a companion when we're not around... I figured it's a good idea to have another! So of course now I end up as the 'legal' owner of this new kitty!

However, wife is still doing most of the work of course... taking her to the vet, showering her, feeding her... ;)

I think Sabrina has caused quite a bit of stress on everyone's part... one interesting thing is that the two cats seem to reflect their 'owners' personalities quite a bit! ;) Sabrina is actually pretty mild manner... and pretty capable of adapting to new environments. It's also much easier for her to purrrrrr... so she's probably an optimist. But she can get spooked... and when she does, she'll take off quickly hide and retreat somewhere where noone could find her. It'd take a lot of 'extraction' to get her out of her shell. She's also not as smart as Hades... we think.

As for Hades, besides being smarter, he's just meaner sometimes... and it's hard for him to adjust to new environments... even when a new cat shows up at his house, he's still having a hard time getting used to that. And considering that Hades can sometimes lick himself to the point of bleeding, for sure he's a pessimist. But when if he's spooked and decides to run..., at least he'll usually still let you catch him... or in the case of taking showers or eating medicine, he'd still reluctantly take it whereas supposedly 'mild manner' Sabrina would stubbornly fight with you to her death! ;)

So I think there are interesting parallels between these cats and their respective 'owners'. For sure I'm also a very 'nice' guy, but can be seriously stubborn. When problem hits, I would often retreat emotionally too. I think wife is also smarter than me too! Reading of proverbs today made me feel even less 'wise' sometimes... Hmm...

O God O God, how can I be a better human so that I may not only be Your beloved child, but also someone whom You are well pleased with? Will the 2 cats get along?

The counselor at Humane Society claims that things always work out between cats in the end..., its just a matter of time... That counselor sure is a wise lady..., and with God's help, I'm sure I can shorten the time a bit, right God? ;)

(Pro 10-12, 174.6 lbs, $2.299)

No comments: