Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getting busy at work lately...

In a way that's good I suppose, considering the current state of our economy, stock market at a 12 year low, 50% off the peak of this year... At least company still pays overtime... so the extra money can't hurt!

We're suppose to go whale watching over the weekend, but the weather was not ideal... for sure the pictures won't turn out well... so we re-scheduled... hopefully weather would be better... the rain and the clouds are really getting annoying now... This is suppose to be LA... not Taipei! ;)

So I took the time over the weekend to try to fix dad's car with the 'magical' steel seal! Not sure if that really fixed dad's car, but at least dad's car appears to be running fine for now! So at least there'd be no more need for us to buy a new car! I'm also afraid of dad driving my old Civic... because I worry that he might break my Civic as well! ;) Poor old dad, always driving my old cars... ;)

We also went to uncle Frank's 70th birthday banquet on sunday... I was stuffed, but luckily I didn't gain too much weight! I've been trying to maintain an exercise routine... just a simple 20 pushups and 20 sit ups everyday. I think so far it's working. Sitting on my office chair all day without exercise for sure isn't healthy... and speaking of health, our cat Hades seems to have caught a bad case of eye infection Sunday evening... hope things will turn better soon...

Anyway, this sunday pastor Jim talked about 'justice for all'. One thing that caught my attention was that he talked about being conservative or a liberal... Those who are theologically conservative are the ones who believe bible is fundamentally true... that Jesus is truly the Son of God and died and risen again in 3 days... those who are liberals theologically tend to believe bible taught us great things..., but they wouldn't take the 'miracles' that seriously or literally.

Of course there are also political conservatives and liberals...

Personally, I think I'm a theological conservative, but a liberal politically. I personally think that's how Jesus would be too... anyway, I'm not sure what pastor Jim is trying to get at so far, but I think this new series of sermons should in interesting...

(Ecc 10-12, 174.8 lbs, $2.419)

No comments: