Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh boy... (crashing stock market and burning woman!)

Stock market is really taking a beating today. For the first time for about 4 years... Dow dipped below 10,000 points. European markets are down too. This subprime mortegage thing is really dragging the whole world down... will the bailout plan really stabilize the situation? Let's hope so.

I don't have a whole lot at stake with the stock market, but I am also experiencing some pain today too... or this morning... because a quondam girlfriend who out of the blue decided to reach out to me once more. She emailed me this Sunday asking how I'm doing lately?

Why should she care? If she really cared, would she rip my heart out like the way she did 5 or 6 years ago?

I have long suspected that the strange phone calls from China were from her. I really wouldn't know of anyone else in Asia who'd have my phone number. So I finally prayed and decided to pick it up, but only with wife by my side... so that I can tell her to please stop! And then surprisingly, the calls stopped... so I thought the caller had finally given up.

And it was kinda funny that brother GD saw in a vision of me calling someone... he was saying I should call someone... I should call someone... and I was like who? Wife's first reaction was to jokingly tell me that perhaps I should call up that mysterious chinese caller! ;)

Anyway, so I think the sunday email pretty much confirmed that the phone calls were probably from my ex. So I asked wife's opinion on whether if I should preach to my ex about the love of God! That'll be the only reason I have to even respond to her. I thought wife could handle such discussion since she was able to joke about it earlier, but of course I thought wrong!!! ;)

To settle the matter, wife and I sent my ex an email telling to please stop trying to contact me because I am married already... and we cannot be friends and except for this one time, I won't responding to her in the future. Whatever she wanted, may God be able to provide for her...

Perhaps this is really the 'call' that I'm suppose to make. Hopefully she'll get the idea...

One thing I am thankful for though is the fact that my heart was broken by her. It was only because of that... that I was able to make room for Jesus in my heart I believe. Prior to that experience, I also probably would never be able to understand why would God love sinners... my ex cheated on me and yet I still gave her a chance to 'repent' and come back to me if she wants... yes, sounds very foolish I know... But when later on I heard God's call to choose to be with Him, I know I don't want to be like my ex and make the wrong choice! God is serious a God who'd make all things work together for the benefit of those who love Him. Although others meant to hurt me, God meant for it to happen to me for my benefit. :)

So may the bad times help more folks to be able to return to God. Now that I've made room for Jesus in my heart, Pastor Jim on Sunday challenged us to not just give God a shabby little room, though... we ought to give Him our best our whole heart! Yeah, it's kinda sad that the world and my ex were that way... if they do not repent and change, falling like Jerusalem would be an inevitability. Even United States of America could fall.

May the unbelievers repent and be right with God. May the believers grow ever more fruitful..., not just physically, but spiritually!

(2kings 22-25, $3.769, 173.6 lbs)

No comments: