Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lift off!

Wow! I guess there's a space race going on with India and China! Wonder who's going to the moon first! ;) This first unmanned mapping of the moon mission should unravel more mystery of the moon. So far, only US, Russia, European Space Agency, Japan and China have sent missions to the moon. Considering the army of Indian engineers around the world, I suppose it's only a matter of time when Indians start to do their own thing!

Space race is always better than arms race anyway. Instead of firing missiles into other nations, might as well fire rockets into the heavenly bodies! ;)

And although Indian rocket had gone up, stock market is again going down. Sigh...

At least today's reading had been more encouraging... reading more about the good kings, Abijah, and Asa. They know how to rely on God. I was also reading more of the How People Grow book earlier today. It also talked about how spritual growth ties with how our view of God. Obviously those who see God is for them would rely on God more. Often times, this may not be our perception of God.

Due to our own faults and weaknesses, we might feel like God is mad at us. Yes, I can totally relate, I often felt this way actually. I might have projected an image of my mom to God! ;) Of course I am slowly realizing that God's love and grace for me isn't based upon my performance level, but sometime I still can't help but feel like I under-performed... and so I'd try to get rid of the guilty feeling, saying that it's okay... God loves me anyway! But then again, I don't really want to abuse God's grace by inventing excuses for my mistakes, right?

Anyway, so basically instead of working and improving myself in order to have God to NOT be mad at me, it's better to simply work hard and improving myself for the love of God!

Often times, we all fall into the lacuna of thinking that God is somehow against us... some sort of comsmic killjoy who doesn't want us to do this... or do that... Adam and Eve felt the same way..., that's why they had to taste that forbidden fruit! But of course they couldn't be more wrong. God is for us, and never against us. Even after Adam and Eve messed up, God is still not against us. Yes, guilty feeling might want to cause us to cover our butts and shift blames, but had A&E repented right away, why would God continue to stay wrathful? Had A&E repented right away of their own sins, perhaps we could still be in Eden!

So, yeah, step 1, realize God is for us, not against us! Only by truly realizing this can we take further steps forward and not result in more mis-steps! ;) May the Spirit of God help us lift off out of those lacunae and help us grow!!!

(2Chronicles 13-15, 174.6 lbs, $3.399)

No comments: