Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Facing my shortcomings...

Yesterday I was going to write a blog regarding my carelessness/forgetfulness. But of course one thing led to another, I let it slide... and I'm writing the blog now. Another one of my shortcomings, which is to procrastinate and drag things on.

Anyway, my "airheadedness" has caused myself problems at work too. If I hadn't done it, I could've saved myself some time. I've also forgotten the keys to our apartment... resulting locking myself out of it... sometimes even locking both myself and wife out of it! One of the most annnoying recently was that I forget to record an F-1 race! This morning at work, I found out again that I wore my shirt inside and out again... Man, how forgetful can I be?

This can be particularly bothersome when it comes to matters that's super important to wife. When stupid things like that happen, what should I do? I could be angry at myself for being so stupid. I could beat my head over these, but of course instead, I usually just laugh if off by laughing at myself..., but then how will any of those help me become better? I don't mean to mess it up, but it happens whether I want it or not... for routine stuffs, I suppose I can just have a check list. For the non-routine stuffs, I guess I can just pray?

Of course my other shortcoming is procrastination. Last nite we had a fight about our upcoming vacation... and it was about me couldn't schedule it earlier... so things cannot go according to our plan... I suppose this is easier to fix..., I'm just going to have to learn to NOT put things off!

Over the weekend, Pastor Jim probably went golfing with Tiger Woods or something, so it was Pastor Taylor who gave the sermon. He talked about we ought to be more child-like. He also explained to us how a dirty old baseball can be worth a lot because it's Babe Ruth's first home run ball... and the one with his signature!!! It's uniqueness made it valuable.

Me, I'm quite ordinary. Just a human like everyone else. But of course if you look at my DNA, I am quite special and unique. We're all living paradoxes of both ordinary and extra-ordinary, it all depends on how we look at ourselves. Besides humans, this is true in nature as well... hence Albert Einstein's quote above! ;) Child-like heart enables us to be able to see things around us as cool and amazing. Adult's jaded hearts can only enable us to see everything as boring and annoying.

So looking at the bright side of my shortcomings is that at least I won't be like David... to steal other guys wife... or start taking a census about how great am I. These thorns of my flesh can help me to humble myself. May God's grace really be sufficient for me.... and may the thorns of my flesh won't hurt others around me though. Your grace is certainly very nice, but I hope someday I don't have to use it as an excuse for my shortcomings..., but to truly bring You glory and to be able to stay humble at the same time... soon!!!

Of course there are also other areas of David's life where I can learn from, besides just making a red herring about how gracious God is, I better really repent and change my ways. I don't know what else I can sacrifice to God to... I also don't have to build God any temple..., but I suppose I kinda answered my own questions... which is to sacrifice myself and to build myself up because my body is the temple! Of course I also need to build up the house of my marriage as well.

Guess I'm just gonna have to keep on building!

(1 Chronicles 18~25, 173.6 lbs, $3.569)

No comments: