Thursday, October 16, 2008

Joe the plumber...

How weird that the last presidential debate ended up focusing on the issues of Joe the plumber! Supposedly he wanted to buy a new plumbing business, but because that business makes more than $250k/yr, he may get taxed more under Obama's tax plan. Joe, from Toledo Ohio, met Obama on the campaign trail and confronted Obama and sorta debated with him in front of the CNN camera. So McCain simply picked that up and used it as the focus of this last debate.

Anyway, I heard it over the radio today that Joe doesn't even have a plumbing license..., perhaps that's a way for the leftist media trying to discredit Joe..., my bro doesn't have a license too and relies on my dad's license and he has a business too! So I suppose Joe could have a real concern here, but anyway. I don't really care who's elected anymore. I still think Obama is the better candidate given the other alternative, but some of the enthusiasm I had for him has faded though. I'm mostly disappointed with the fact that he left his church under pressure. I can't really blame him for it though, because his church's former pastor and guest speaker are really being insensitive, but still, I'm disappointed. Plus, I now have doubts about Obama's words. The guy has originally stated that he won't run for president... having just gotten elected a US senator, he said he needed more experience... he also claimed he'd use the federally funded campaign money(thus limiting the total amount that he can spend)..., but in the end, when situations changed, he changed his position. Of course I don't know the details of why he flip-flopped, maybe he does have good reasons. Sometimes different situations does require us to make a different decision...

Anyway, one can only hope our next elected official is REALLY God fearing. Solomon asked for wisdom, because of his pure heart, God also gave him a lot more of those other stuffs!!! But of course wisdom alone without God isn't enough. At least Solomon found out later in his old age..., but may our next elected leader have that wisdom to begin with. Hope I'm not asking too much.

Of course I need to have wisdom too in order to build up my own house! Yes, Lord, I want wisdom AND I want You to be with me, okay? Thanks!

(2 Chronicales 1-3, 174.0 lbs, $3.549)

No comments: