Friday, October 31, 2008

Fire gas is very big!!!

Not sure how to translate "fire-gas", but yeah, I've been developing sores around my lips quite frequently lately. This is what I get for eating too much fried foods I guess. So, perhaps having a 'cooler' blog can help my problem! ;)

Last night wife and I were discussing which part of the world is closer to south pole, I said South America and she said New Zealand. Well, it appears that I'm right... and she's wrong!!! Yeah!!! It's a rare thing for me to be right so it's worthy of a celebration! :D

I'm also getting my new laptop at work today... and so they're trying to backup data on my old PC into the new machine... it's taking quite a while... and I'm not suppose to work on any documents... or it won't get backed up... so I guess the only thing to do is to read the Word of God and write blogs!

Read about Josiah today. This king found the book of the Laws and he was actually repentant upon hearing it. The guy is a good guy, but of course he's only human... sometimes he can get things wrong too... for whatever reasons, he went on battlefield against warnings... and so he got shot dead. I also read a bit of the how people grow book... and it talked about being led by the Spirit one step at a time. God often move us to do one thing at the time... without giving us the full explanations of the subsequent steps. We don't always have a complete picture..., but we just have to have faith to take those steps one at the time. What is palpable is that if we ever take a step that's contrary to what God want us to do, naturally there'll be undesirable results.

Follow the flesh and eat a bunch of tasty fried foods, you get sores over you mouth... follow the Spirit and eat healthy, then you won't have such problem. Simple as that.

But as history has pointed out, we just don't learn very well, huh? Oh God, thanks for helping us and never giving up on us. I promise I will try my best to follow Your lead! :)

Also, thank God gas prices have dropped steadily. It sure is annoying to see Exxon/Mobile made record profits during the past quarter though... just when everyone's hurting, they're profitting from it. Have they no shame?!?!?

(2 Chronicles 34-36, 174.4 lbs, $2.959)

No comments: