Monday, March 2, 2009

More slides of the stock market...

The problem with the insurance company AIG caused the market to REALLY slide today. I guess there's really no end in sight so far... Americans have really over-spent themselves this time. Our debt to Gross-Domestic-Poduct ratio is now at 100%. It means we can produce just enough to pay back our debts. The last time the ratio was at 100% is right before the Great Depression.

I did a rough estimate of how much I've put into my 401k plan since the beginning of my career... and I guess I'm pretty lucky that I'm about even now. It's as if my money is just sitting in the bank with 0% interests for the past 13 years!

Anyway, I'm glad that I rolled out one of my plan from a previous employer earlier this year so that I stopped the bleeding a bit. So now I'm slowly getting back into the market again. It's cool to be able to buy stocks so cheap, but it's also scary to see the stocks that I've already bought continue to slide... well, I'll probably be working for 2 more decades... surely things have to climb back up, right?

Right Lord? ;)

Pastor Jim is talking about the series 'justice for all' again. Kinda similar mood is also present in Isaiah... Have we really been 'just' lately? Financial greed..., war in Iraq..., torturing terrorists... I guess although no financial analysts saw this fiasco coming, this really shouldn't come as a big surprise for us believers.

Here's hoping that people will learn their lessons... repent... and THEN we'll be able to once again enjoy God's infinite grace and mercy once again! :)

(Isaiah 1-3, 175.2 lbs, $2.379)

No comments: