Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sodas are bad bad bad...

Sodas -- even diet ones -- may be linked with increased risk factors for heart disease and diabetes
I suppose this is not really news for me... So I think I'm going to stop buying cokes... well I do still have 1 coupon for a free 2liter bottle... I'll just go exchange that one last one... technically still not buying! ;) Anyway, I'm not going to completely cut off sodas, I'll probably still buy some apple sodas or the root beer on occasions, but definitely nothing else for home consumption. As for restaraunts..., I guess I can maybe enjoy a soda once a week... and then slowly cut it off? Anyway, we'll see...

Last night I also had more discussions with the wife about the various troubles we're facing. It's good that our communication channel is still open, hopefully a more mutual understanding is reached... I think we have, but then again I'm never absolutely sure since I'm probably more clueless at times! ;) May God help me understand better and give me better communitcation skills and teach me to do the right things!!!

Was also reading about Eve and how humanity has fallen today..., it's really interesting how both Eve and Adam like to shift the blame to others. I guess we humans are truly their offsprings! ;) It's always somebody else's fault and never MY fault! I wonder what would've happened had Adam and Eve repented of their mistake upfront to God. Maybe things wouldn't have end up as badly.

May God help us to learn to forgive others' mistakes... and help us to not only to own up to our mistakes, but also to help us to truly repent and change our ways for the better. This is truly the hardest part... to change our own ways to do it God's way!

18 耶 和 華   神 說 : 那 人 獨 居 不 好 , 我 要 為 他 造 一 個 配 偶 幫 助 他 。

Thanks Lord God, for making a helper for me! I will do my best to love her and protect her from the serpent of the world, give me the ability to be able to kill that serpent whenever it's bothering my wife. If I'm not doing things right, please teach me how to do it Your way! Please stay close with us and fill us with Your unfailing love! I pray in Jesus' name. :)

(Genesis 2:18-3:24)

No comments: