Thursday, April 9, 2009

Economy leveling off?

Stock market really surged again thanks to Wells Fargo. However, is the economy really getting better? The Baltic Dry Index, is still going down..., granted at much slower pace than before... down .2% at $1,463. So perhaps things are leveling off...

But suffice to say that people are really getting ahead of themselves..., feeling hopeful when there still not much international trade of the basic goods going on... People are acting a bit irrationally..., first they panic and sell off everything..., and now they all want back in again because of the slightest bit of good news... Investing in the stock market sure is annoying. I'm not sure what to do now...

Some say best thing to do is to go against the herd. When everyone wants in, that's when you should get out. Of course if you get out too early, you'll lose out on opportunities for more gain..., but then again, if you get out too late, then you'll be left holding an empty bag! ;) And reverse is true too. The best time to get into the stock market is when eveyone else are too scared to get it!

Anyway, I guess the best stretagy is to slowly get back into the market... no point just having my retirement money just sitting around not making a whole lot of interests... Tomorrow is Good Friday, so market's closed... so I don't have to worry about the unpredictable market ups and downs! Whew! ;)

I cashed out one of the 401k account from my previous employer near the end of the last year to stop the bleeding... and transferred to an IRA account in etrade... just to gain some control of my money I guess. I'm slowly starting to get back into the market since February..., surprisingly I've generated roughly 12% return just within the past couple months!!! Can I keep it up? Hope so..., this is money I can't touch until I retire anyway... may God give me the wisdom to be able to generate huge returns so that I can retire early! ;)

(Isa 49-51, 176.2 lbs, $2.519)

No comments: