Monday, April 20, 2009

Better dish...

Hmm..., my employer seemed to have stopped allowing people to log on to Blog or social networking sites... so I guess I can only blog at home now instead of at work. Oh well...

Pastor Jim's sermon last sunday was about choosing the 'better dish'... it was about how Mary chose the 'better dish' by spending more time with Jesus instead of Martha choosing to get done what needs to be done and missing out time with Jesus.

Yeah, it sure is easy to lose focus of what is really important in life. But of course the moral of the story isn't to justify our laziness... avoid doing what we're suppose to do and 'pretending' that you are busy with something else more important... For sure I have issues with being lazy or procrastinating... and I think I'm slowly improving recently, by setting myself with some to-do-list. I think my problem is that I just tend to lose focus, not only NOT doing what I'm suppose to do, but also not really doing anything important like Mary either!!!!

Anyway, this past week, I think I've managed to do what needs to be done both at work and at home pretty well, thanks for the "to-do-list", but of course I'm still missing out on important stuffs... such as paying more attention to the wife!!! The F-1 race at China last weekend was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back!!! We're already watching too much TV already..., trying to catch up to missed espisodes of recorded chinese shows..., and of Lost, and Heros, etc. At least those shows we can sorta watch together. But F-1 is really boring for the wife, plus it's just too much... and wife began to really feel like I'm not paying attention to her and the F-1 cars sounds was probably annoying her too!

And its kinda funny to find out that Pastor Jim's family suffer similar problems at his house. Pastor Jim would focus in on his sports games sometimes and forget about his wife! Of course this is definitely NOT the 'better dish', only shows that even the pastor is only human! ;)

We also talked about that movie 'Revolutionary Road' some more..., I think the troubles experienced by the characters were clearly caused by people focusing on the wrong priorities. The husband lost focus..., that's why he was unfulfilled at work and even had a stupid affair! The wife also lost focus and instead, really focused on moving the whole family to Paris... I guess often times realities will force us to lose focus of what's really important... may even shatter some dreams... like the song Susan Boyle sang on Britain's Got Talent! However, since there is a God who loves us and is with us, why should we lose hope?

May we all be able to enjoy our dish, instead of feeling that other people's dishes are better than ours! ;) Of course may God help us choose our dishes wisely too!

(Jer 4-6, 175.2 lbs, $2.519)

No comments: