Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blue Ray triumphs over HD DVD

Sony lost Betamax to the VHS format during the videotape era, but apparently they have now finally officially won the new DVD format! So I guess the decision for me to get the Playstation 3 will be easier..., because it's also a Blue Ray disc player! Not to mention it also plays my favorite game Gran Turismo! But unfortunately the latest Gran Turismo 5 won't be out anytime soon... so I guess I won't be getting my PS3 anytime soon..., but I can hardly wait!!!

Anyway, for whatever reasons, I seem to only find talks about theology, relationships and race cars very interesting. Since I don't really want to risk my life doing real racing, I am still very enthusiastic about fake racing in video games. As for most other things, I typically hold a whatever attitude...

I was reading about 傳 道 書 today, and unfortunately, it seems everything is meaningless... everything in this world is basically... whatever. Watching DVD movies is meaningless, talking about theology is meaningless, talking about relationships is meaningless, me driving my real car or video game car around the track again and again is meaningless... But of course it is all about doing everything without God, the things tend to become meaningless. However, it's different if we can truly find God in various things!

English... or greek root on words is interesting... let us examine the word enthusiasm in detail:

Enthusiasm (ἐνθουσιασμός) root - en-theos = in God. An enthusiast is a person inspired by god.
I don't know how we can find God, but may we all be enthusiasts in whatever meaningless things that we do! ;)

No comments: